Completed Install of a power tailgate lock

From: Richman, Todd (RichmanT@tacom.army.mil)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 11:24:37 EST

All,
I finally decided on a power tailgate lock. I purchased the Pop & Lock
power tailgate from JC Whitney that is make by Steadfast Corp. I got it for
$82.24(w/ shipping). I got a 10% off coupon on the magazine I ordered it
from.

So far I am ver happy with it. The install went great and took about and
2hrs. (I am very anal so it really doesn't take that long) The
instructions that came with the lock where great, straight forward. A
couple of added hints. When removing the bezel around the tailgate handle,
pull the bottom out first and slide the top down and out. The install comes
with plastic ties(around 8), but I chose to get more. I think I used around
a total of 15 of them.

The only negative I have about the lock is the length of the wiring.
(Really it is not a complaint, least it wasn't too short) Their was an
excess amount of wiring that you either have to cut or what I just did was
use some extra plastic ties to secure it to the frame by the spare tire.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I have only had it for a day now, but if any problems persist I will let you
know.
Todd

Todd Richman
98, 318, 4x4, CC,