Disc Brake Headache...

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 11:25:00 EST

It's pouring here in Southern California. Winter has finally shown itself.
Monday I get a curious 'growling' from the truck when I go to brake in the
rain. Hmmm, maybe time for new brakes (33Kmi). I stop by Pep Boys and buy
some semi-metallic Raybestos pads and a new set of Rotors (I hate these stupid
'Easy Rust' factory ones).

Yesterday there was a break in the rain so I rush home from work, hop into my
grubby clothes and proceed to dismantle my left front wheel. Wheel off
<check>, look for caliper release bolts: hmmm, maybe it's inside this rubber
boot (why would they put a bolt in a rubber boot?). Ack! It's not a normal
bolt! It's not even an Alan head! Ack! It's a HUUUUGE Torx head! Triple Ack!
(Grumble, mutter, don't have a torx in that massive size) Put wheel back on
<check> Utter several explicatives at the DC Engineers <check>

HELP PLEASE:
98' Dakota 5.2L V8

What size of Torx head is it? (Anyone know?)
Which way does it turn? (Facing the bolt, not the rotor)
Where can I buy the tool to undo this crazy setup?
How do I find the cheapest airfare to Auburn Hills, MI so I can whack the
stupid Engineers over the head with a large adjustable wrench? (Won't solve my
problem, but I'll feel better.)

All help is appreciated, and in case I end up in the headlines I'll deny I
know you... ^_^

Shaun H.