RE: RE: Cargo Bar!!!!

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 13:35:07 EST

At 12:51 PM 2/22/00 , you wrote:

>He had some samples if each and rubbed them together to
>prove to me the brochure was in fact correct. After rubbing the two
>samples together,
>(which was said to be a Rhino...) Brand-X was starting to show signs of
>wear. "Flaking" kind of like sandpaper.

I have heard others relate this same story about seeing this demo at a
Line-X dealer and I have always wondered what kind of gimmick it is. I have
been tempted to find my local Line-X dealer, go get a sample and take it
out to my truck and rub it on my liner (which I know for a fact is a Rhino)
and see what happens. But then I think, "What's the point?" After all, I
have no intention of hauling large heavy loads of Line-X material which
might rub my Rhino raw. And the things that have been drug across my liner,
which include all manner of metal and concrete objects, rocks, logs etc.,
haven't made even a scratch in the liner. Therefore, I can only conclude
that this demo, if legitimate, is meant to mislead, not inform. They leave
you to assume that if Line-X material will do this, then other stuff you
haul will also tear up a Rhino Liner, which is simply not true. As far as
material thickness goes, I guess that's important if your main concern is
adding tight fitting non-adjustable accessories. But when it comes to
hauling stuff, I'll take thicker over thinner any day.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"The only difference between the women I've dated
and Charles Manson is that Manson has the decency
to look like a nut case when you first meet him."--Richard Jeni