Dyno'd with 1.7s

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 19:20:27 EST

Well, today it happened.

I left work early, and got my RT dyno'd.

The numbers are with the 1.7s alone, but together with
common mods people are doing. I think from my past dyno
runs w/headers alone on a 5.2L, the headers contributed about
12 hp, K&N maybe 3-5 hp, and the rockers the maining 7-8 hp.

My truck put out 203.9 hp, and 280 ft. lbs. of torque when
I dyno'd it back in Dec, 100% stock.

Now, with Mopar Headers, K&N Gen II, Crower 1.7s, my truck did
227 HP, and 320 ft. lbs. of torque.

That's a whopping 23 hp, and 40 ft. lbs. of torque increase.

WOO HOO. That translates into roughly 282 hp, 400 ft. lbs. of torque
at the Flywheel (+32 hp & +70 ft. lbs. over stock).

The HP curve is pretty flat from 80-105 mph, dropping from 227 to 200
hp in that range. Max. Torque takes place around 75 mph, and stays
above the stock hp peak of 280 ft. lbs. until 85 mph... It stayed a
near constant 40 ft. lbs. over stock across the board. Horsepower--
Same thing, 20-26 hp above stock across the board. My truck, in Drive,
makes 200 hp @ 70 mph, vs. stock 178 @ 70 mph.

I ran two runs, and on the first run (new) the truck was allow to shift
into OD. The truck shifted identical to my Dec stock run, and hit the
OD shift (4th) at 100 mph. From there it ran up to 115 mph pulling 211
hp & 206 ft lbs. of torque. The second run was with OD off.

I am very impressed. My truck still has a few mods to go, and I'll
dyno it again after the next three are completed (52 mm throttle body,
Cat back exhaust system, Mopar Performance Windage tray).

Sam '00 RT
GRUNT GRUNT...