Re: RE: 99 Spark Knock Ping Dealer Info - Update

From: Robert Howe (robsdak@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 19:41:56 EST

I'd have to agree that it's probably the timing curve. I can't imagine that
it's something in the engine. Nothing drastically changed between the two
years that the survey Bernd did, so I doubt it was the engine. Plus I've
been looking at timing curves more and more lately helping a friend tune his
Turbo Miata's engine. Including timing curves, etc. And he can adjust out
the knock, and such. SO I'd be willing to bet the difference is the computer
that's controlling the 2 different year engines. That's probably what they
are changing with the new flash, if it wasn't, why would they need
permission from the EPA to do it?

-Robert Howe
(Non pinging) 1995 V6 4x4