Exhaust upgrade: stainless vs. aluminized Gibson vs. Borla, Opinions wanted.

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 01:13:47 EST

Hi all,

I'm really wanting to put a new exhaust on my y2k quad 4.7 5spd to get a
little more ooomph and a little nicer sound. I expected that the truck
would have a stainless system from the factory, but it sure doesn't look
like it. I'm surprised, my 87 wrangler had stainless, I thought they'd be
putting them on everything by now.

So, the question is Gibson vs. Borla, and aluminized vs. stainless.

I'm thinking of going stainless so it'll last longer. Opinions? Is it
worth the extra cost or is it better just to replace everything every couple
years anyhow?

Thanks.

-Curt
curt@cjnetworking.com