Re: increased oil capacity filter - Question(s)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 01:14:59 EST

There isn't another filter you can slap on that's bigger. There's only a
smaller filter. I work at valvoline and there are 2 filters for Dodges. a
VO-25 which is for smaller 4 cylinders and a VO45 which is the normal on
EVERY "big" engine has..
-Dester

<< I like the idea of using a bigger filter, but the more I think about it
 the more I realize how little I know about oil pressure. So, I'm
 wondering if using a bigger filter could adversely effect the oil
 pressure, since you are now creating additional area in the system
 compared to what space the oil was designed to run through ? If the
 answer is to run the engine after you have placed the bigger oil filter
 on, stop the engine, let the oil settle, then check the oil level and
 fill to the proper level to compensate for the bigger filter, can that
 create a problem if the system is only designed to move a certain volume
 of oil through the engine ? Is there such a slight difference in the
 volume difference between the regular size filter and the larger one that
 such questions really don't matter ? As long as there is sufficient oil
 in the engine does oil pressure even matter ? >>