RE: shocks advice appreciated

From: S.Buccellato (s.buccellato@larc.nasa.gov)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 09:43:00 EST

Well, I guess it depends on what type of ride you want. If you want it to
ride smooth or ride like a truck (in the words of the great Bernd) is what
you have to decide. As far as the push down and see if it stops after a
couple times I would have to say that it is a good starting point but does
not mean the shocks are good or bad. The front springs help out considerably
and can fool you into believing that the shocks are good. I just replaced my
shocks because I found that they were leaking and after removing them found
them way to easily compressed and contracted. Enough said on that. Now as
far as what shock to go with: you have to decide if a shock which is
anywhere from $50-$63 is $20 to $30 better than the next brand. (My opinion
"not") I went with PRO-COMP ES-3000 series shocks for a smooth ride and they
work great. A stiffer ride would be the ES-9000. Just my 2cents.
SAL

97 DODGE DAKOTA SLT 2WD
2in BODY LIFT (P.A.)
2in FABTECH SRING LIFT FRONT