Re: Re: Re: shocks advice apperciated

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 10:54:54 EST

> > OK, this is embarassing. Here is my doofus question. How long are
> > shocks supposed to last, and how do I tell when it's time to replace
> > them?
> > It doesn't feel as springy as it did when it was new, but I don't
> > know at what point its bad.
> > Try not to laugh too hard at my complete ignorance. :(
> > Flip
>
> What year is your Dak? How many miles on it? Are you still using the
> stock
> shocks?
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6
>

> '98. 32k. Yes.
> Flip

Flip,
I would ditch the old shocks at this mileage. Go out and buy a good set of
shocks. Is your truck 4x4? If so, I would stick with ProComp, Bilstein, or
TrailMaster SSVs.....any aftermarket shock will be so much better than the
small and really useless stock dampening system.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6