Re[2]: Spark Knock

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 17:39:30 EST

Hmmm... Didn't know 'bout that GS. Still, I'm not talking recent in my case.
My old Jeep had the venerable 4.2L straight six. I had this engine in an old
AMC Hornet many, many moons ago and it was absolutely bullet-proof! The jeep
had all the new (for '88 that is) emissions stuff on it and they literally
killed that motor. It pinged like a bastard and didn't have anywhere near the
power. Meanwhile, Karen was buzzing around in an '85 Nissan at that time and
some friends of mine had foreign V-6's. No ping and decent pep for them...
Maybe they were cheating then too? ;-)

I dunno, but calling a motor that pings a little "good enough" just doesn't sit
right with me.
Tom