Re: rt website

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 23:00:17 EST

>>so lemme get this straight. ive just been told to kiss someones ass,
because
they couldnt get on a nationaly recognized list for dakota rt'. ohh an
that
there was no use for the dakota rt owners<<<

aiight.....
I'm not gonna flame anyone, since I'm not about flaming. I will, however,
make an attempt to explain why it bothers me so that the R/T list is
closed to non-R/T owners.
It's like this, an R/T is a Dakota... just like anyone elses. So what
makes an R/T owner think that he is exclusive enough that he can have a
closed mailing list.. closed to people who own basically the same truck.
Yeah, I know, the R/T has this and that and this other option and
whatever, whatever.. but it's still a Dakota. I have a Dakota with the LE
package. Does that mean I am too exclusive to let other Dakota owners
participate in my mailing list because MY Dakota has wood lookin' stuff
on the dash? Yeah, the R/T is limited production... so was the Shelby,
and the Shelby people allow anyone on their list too. As far as I can
see, the R/T list is the ONLY one that is closed to one specific type of
vehicle... actually, one particular Option Package on a vehicle. Not even
IndyRam mailing list is closed.... there are plenty of people with a lot
to contribute to any mailing list they join, and they may not happen to
own an R/T... or even a Dakota.. but that one person may be the one who
finds the cure to the pinging issue.. that one person may be the one who
finds a way to get a 6er into the 11's naturally aspirated... you never
know, and closing the list is no way to find out.... it's just one of my
pet peaves

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" .... 88 Dakota LE: slammed, painted, and gettin' a built
Magnum 360

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!