RE: cams

From: John Mautz (jmautz@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 23:55:30 EST

Unless you are not going with juice, SC or turbo stay with the stock cam.
I've run some computer simulations and non of the cams beat out the stock
cam unless you get high in the RPM range (over 4000 RPM). For daily driving
I never go above 3000 RPMs and at the track I'm only at 4500+ for a few
seconds, so my rec would be to stay stock.

If you are looking to go with a SC, turbo or juice then go ahead and change
the cam. The Lunati cams look real good!!!.

Email me at jmautz@home.com if you want an Excel SS with my findings. There
are some problems with the numbers because of the limitations and
assumptions made by the program but at least they are all having to deal
with these same restrictions.

John Mautz
'99 Durango SLT+, 5.9L, 4x4, 3.55 LSD, QuickD Air Intake, QuickD 51.75 mm
TB, Mesa Headers, Mesa 3" cat and 3" cat-back (Magnaflow), Dual Perma-cool
electric fans(1-14", 1-12"). Best 1/4 ET = 16.059@84.91