Re: RE: Gettin an MSD 6 TL (I think) with Blaster SS Coil What Plugs?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 01:05:17 EST

> Hey
> I am gettin this MSD from some guy (whos name will not be mentioned)
and I am wondering who has this type of unit (MSD 6 a with shockproof
mounting and waterproof stuff) ANyways I have AutoLight Platnums not sure
of the numbers but I am wondering if I should keep these or what? Also are
7MM wires enough for this bad boy?

I think you mean the 6470 MSD 6-Offroad Ignition box, is it black/silver? If
so, this is unit I am running. Ditch the platinums and get some Autolite
Copper plugs and invest in some good MSD wires. I am using MSD's 8.5MM Super
Conductor wires and love them. Also, this might be a good time to change the
cap/rotor if you havent lately. I found out the that MSD Ignition tends to
eat up caps/rotors more frequently than the stock ignition; but the gains
are well worth it from my apsect. I now change my cap/rotor every 10,000
miles. I mean it take $12 for a good cap/rotor set and about 10 minutes of
labor. Be sure to use plenty of dielectric/tune up grease on the spark plugs
and o nthe dist cap terminals. You might want to invest $20 in the 8873 MSD
Universal Wiring Harness, just to you can simply unplug the MSD unit and run
off the stock incase the MSD unit dies, like I did. Good Luck,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD Universal Wiring Harness, MSD 8.5MM Super
Conductors, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor, Autolite
Copper Plugs(.050)