Dak Newbie: The Summer of Love Tour! Part 3 of the ongoing saga !

From: Stockham, John C (stockham@mail.ukans.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 09:50:22 EST

Okay. Two fuel modules and two AIS motors later, my reluctant starting
problems continue. Does anyone have a Haynes or Chilton manual out there
for the 98 Dak Sport Reg cab man trans 3.9L engine? If so could you list
the out the fuel delivery system? Starting from the tank. Right now I'm
under the assumption (Which of course makes and ass out of U and Mption.
Chuckle.) that the fuel goes in the tank, gets sucked up by and has it's
pressure regulated by the fuel module, travels through the fuel line to the
injector assembly to the actual injectors? Right? Is there a pressure
regulator anywhere else? Or any other module with a check valve that could
be failing? I find it hard to believe that two different fuel modules/fuel
pumps could fail twice in a row. Sunflower Dogde in Kansas still can't fix
the problem. I'm giving them till Monday to fix it or I'm returning the
truck. Which is sad because for the money, I don't know what other vehicle
I would be satisfied with. And since I've purchased the truck, I've done a
lot of research and there seems to be a lot of negative vibe out there on
the reliability of these trucks. Sigh. Very depressed right now.

John Stockham, Certified Novell Administrator
LAN Support Services, KU Computing Services
stockham@ukans.edu

Web page: http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~stick or
          http://www.ukans.edu/home/stockham