Re: cams

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 17:56:18 EST

In a message dated 2/25/00 8:38:33 AM Central Standard Time,
saint1958@home.com writes:

<<
 I would go with 10.0:1 ratio versus 9.0:1. More horsepower yet run 92 or
 less on the Octane gas.

I agree, I've got 10.5 to 1, no detonation and verified by a knock sensor on
92 oct. My buddy has the same comp.,no problems. The throttle response is
much better than the stock comp. Hughes has a broad selection of chrysler
cams for the magnum. If I were you, I'd strongly consider going with the
M1,10to1 comp. and a bigger cam. You will love it. The m1 just loves that
comp and cubes. My buddy just ran a 12.85 @103 with this combo.(Hughes stage
2 @ heads). If you must stay with the stocker than go with one of the smaller
cams that matches up with the intake well. The M1 is a smashing good buy at
$250. Why mess with the 13s when you can play in the 12s.
Tom