Fw: Engine Temp. Question

From: Richard Jacewitz (rjacew@webzone.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 20:16:13 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Kyle Kozubal <grndak4x4@home.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 6:55 PM
Subject: DML: Engine Temp. Question

> Today it hit an amazingly hot 70degrees, that is hot for Indiana in Feb.
It
> hasnt been this warm for along time now. I took a 75mile one way road
> trip(nice day to have some outdoor target practice!) and noticed on the
way
> home the temp. guage was reading alittle 'warmer' than normal. Typically
and
> really always, the needle on the engine temp guage reads about 1/8 of the
> way up on the guage; atleast is has for 118,200 miles. I would say today
the
> needle ran at about 1/4 way mark, if not a tad more. Of course, still no
> where near overheating. I changed my tstat less than 10 months ago, drain
my
> radiator every year, and flush my cooling system every other year. Any
ideas
> on what this could be? I have no coolant leaks, the coolant level is fine,
> no leaks/wines coming from the water pump, no loss of power like the
> fan/cluth is going bad.....any ideas on what I might check out? Or
shouldnt
> I worry about this, as it appears to still be running nowhere near the
> middle of the guage as if it was attempting to overheat. Thanks....
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Stuck Thermostat in near closed position or maybe air pocket in system...
Try runing heater for a few min. then maybe check level after cool down.
I had a stuck Thermo in one of my older cars and it ran silghtly hot too.
Richard from T-town OK
99 5.2 CC auto
all black with K&N on order for two weeks???