Re: Why, I ask? Why?

From: James Harmon (jdharmon@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 21:04:10 EST

I agree with you. As a truck enthusiast, Dodge specifically, I can appreciate
someone's time and effort to spruce up and customize their truck and SUV. The
smaller imports are a different beast altogether. The use of the slang "rice
burner" is actually a racial slur that has gained in acceptance and
popularity. Such as when you put your ride together with chewing gum and
bailing wire to make it just go because you don't have the money to do it
right, it was N****r rigging it. Thankfully we have moved past this.
Technically, our trucks are made in mexico. Would you call them "Taco
Tuners"?

Call them what you will, but you have to at least appreciate a nice vehicle.
Too bad too many people are closed to this.