Re: Part #'s for Borg-Warner brass cap & rotor?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 15:35:02 EST

> Ok guys, I have seen some good things said about the Borg-Warner brass
>cap and rotor.
>
> What is the part number for these parts for a '99 R/T?
> Also... anybody have a quick rundown on how I would install these things?

Not sure how different your 99 R/T cap/rotor is compared to my 93 V6, but
here is all what I do. I first have to remove the stock air filter housing
to get to the cap/rotor. I then simply unscrew the 2 screws(one on each side
of the cap) and take the cap up off of the distributor. At this time I just
pull the old rotor up off of the shaft it sits down on and push the new one
back down in place.I then take each of my MSD 8.5MM Super Conductor
wires(one at a time so they dont get mixed up!), using dielectric grease on
the cap's terminals, and swap over the wires to the new cap. Screw it back
down, put the air filter housing back on, and thats it. It take about 10
minutes.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6