RE: Re: Fulltime Transfer Case Question

From: Seth Huffman (Sethmh@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 18:42:01 EST

Thanks that clears it up

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of BeasTboyz
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2000 5:14 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Re: Fulltime Transfer Case Question

I hope this clears up your question, here are the positions and what they
are for

4wd full time - Use this when the roads are snowcovered or if you're out
mudding with your friends.

neutral - good for being towed, doesn't let front or rear driveshaft spin so
ur not wearing on ring and pinion or counting mileage.

4wd part time - This is what the transfer case should be locked in during
normal driving conditions.

4wd low - In the NP242 transfer case, 4wd high (part time) has a gear ratio
of 1:1 so that it is like in 2wd, u can go just as fast and the truck shifts
at the same time. when shifted into low your gear ratio turns into 2.72:1
more than doubling your torque, this can get you some great wheelspin when u
need it, and is great for climbing steep hills, if u get stuck in 4wd high,
you should try 4wd low, and if your not stuck very badly, 4wd low should be
able to get the job done.

Matt
(BeasTboyz)
Click here for Free Video!!