Re: So who here has 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrrain tires on their Dakota??????

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 18:52:47 EST

I can't speak from personal experience, but I've always heard mud type
tread designs described as "suicidal" on ice or hard-packed snow. My
understanding is that AT's are a much better choice for winter because
of all of the siping in the tread blocks. (I've had good success with
AT type tires, never tried MT's myself, so take this for what it's
worth.)

AT's will work fine for off-roading unless you're planning on driving
through deep sticky mud. Even with the crappy stock Goodyear RT/S tires
on the '98, we've only been stuck twice. They manage to pull through
mud until it gets really deep or you try to climb a hill or something.

Jason