Re: Re[2]: JBA header install

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 11:24:34 EST

Hey, you guys know that jet hot stuff? Is there anything good like that in a
spray can? I can't afford a extra 100 bucks to get the real thing. Do those
1,000 degree coats in the spray can work?

I'm gonna go soak my bolts now. Isn't liquid wrench better? One
question... Doesn't the WD-40 burn off when I drive? So how can that be a
good thing?
-Dester

PS. I don't remember where I picked this up, but someone said put candle wax
on the bolts and it helps free em up. Any insite to that?

<< The best advice I can give is start soaking the manifold and Y pipe
mounting
 bolts in liquid wrench or WD-40 now. Other than that start practicing Yoga
or
 something that will make you very flexible and patient! ;-) A lot of guys
 thought the install was a breeze but I had a hell of a time with my 318.
It's
 not a hard install, I just found myself constantly contorted in unnatural
 positions and my hands were too big to reach/put a wrench on some of the
bolts.
 They did, eventually, go on and work/look great though! :-)
 Tom >>