RE: OT: The Demise of Mailing Lists??

From: Alan A (alan721@gate.net)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 10:51:30 EST

Bogus. There is no Congressman named Tony Schnell that I could find.

H.R.602 is:
Civil Service Long-Term Care Insurance Benefit Act (Introduced in the House)

S. 602 is:
To amend chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, to provide for
congressional review of any rule promulgated by the Internal Revenue Service
that increases Federal revenue, and for other purposes.

These E-mail scares have been going around for years.

If you want to see the bills before Congress, go to
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.html

Two bills that may be of interest are:
 E-Mail User Protection Act (Introduced in the House)[H.R.1910.IH]
 Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (Introduced in the
House)[H.R.3560.IH]

Alan A
  99 CC DA SC, 2k CC IB on order
    Just throwing in my 5.9 cents.