Re: Rotor questions...

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 11:39:36 EST

Good question. Here's my experience: Brake shops say
yes, then need a 'light' turning'.. and charge you
another $15 per disc labor. Whereas if you buy from
NAPA (which sells the same discs, probably to the same
brake shop) say no, you don't need to scrub them, turn
them, etc.

I recently helped do the brakes on my old '95 SLT
(brother's truck now), and we didn't turn them. They
worked fine from the start, and about 2500 miles later
the haven't warped, or anything. We also replaced the
calipers too, so he got a complete brake replacement
really.

Sam '00 RT