Rotor questions...

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 11:31:19 EST

About 2 months ago, I did a brake 'overhaul' on my Dak, almost. In the rear
I replaced my factory drums(couldn't be turned anymore at 117,000 miles),
new shoes, and new wheel cylinders on each side. In the front I put on new
pads and 2 new calipers. However, at the time, I felt that my factory rotors
were still in good condition and didn't need to be turned or even replaced.
Most of the above was covered under lifetime warranties from various local
parts stores where I bought the parts at originally, so it wasn't really
expensive at all. Well, I now think my front stock rotors are in need of
replacement, something I should have done originally. I have put about 1,000
miles on my Dak since then, so here are my questions:
*When new rotors are bought, other than cleaning off the oily residue, do
they have to be 'scuffed' at all with sandpaper before putting them on? Or
can I just clean them up and put them on?
*Will it be ok that I have put 1,000 miles on the pads to swap in some brand
new rotors?
Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6