RE: Auto trans band adjustment question

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 15:16:47 EST

I'm not too worried about it being a difficult job, but since I have never
done it before I want to make sure I set the bands correctly. You never know
how things are going to go with my dealership. Sometimes they are very
helpful, sometimes they are not. If I can avoid having to talk with them, I
feel I'm better off.

Tom said he would send me the run down on how to do it from his FSM.

Next on my list of goodies, is my own FSM :)

My tranny has slowly stopped shifting as cleanly as it used to. It isn't
temp related so I doubt there are any leaking seals. I've heard the bands
should be kept properly adjusted to get the longest life out of the tranny,
so that's what I'm doing.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker.