Re: QuickD Intake kit?

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 18:34:28 EST

The lower coolant temperature pulls more heat out of the combustion chamber, this
lowers peak cylinder pressure. A lower peak cylinder pressure would , by itself,
LOWER your horsepower output. It does however allow more timing advance/leaner fuel
ratios. If your state of tune(Jet chip, etc) can benefit from this latitude, you can
usually get more hp overall. It doesn't affect intake air temperature significantly.

Dr. Pat

Andy Levy wrote:

> Makes the engine run cooler. The Magnum engines (at least the 318 and
> 360 V8s) run optimally at 183 (I think that's the temp. I read on
> here). The factory stat is 195.

<snip>