RE: Adusting torsion bar suspension

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 19:40:32 EST

You will get around 1"-1½'. When I did my truck I parked on a level surface
and used a carpenters level on the door jams. I cranked the torsion bars
until the truck sat level on both sides. One thing to remember is the more
tension on the torsion bars, the stiffer the ride, the more strain on front
end parts like ball joints, CV axles, etc... In the five years my truck has
been done, I've had to replace the ball joints and CV boots twice.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM