RE: Re[2]: RE: off topic - school paper - can you answer th

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 22:08:37 EST

So if a 12 year old shoots you (or god forbid your mother or father), he/she
shouldn't be held responsible since they couldn't comprehend that a
projectile flying at a very high rate of speed can tear through human flesh
& bone and very likely kill someone. Regardless of the fact that there's
more than enough information to a 10 year old on that subject.

Listen, I have kids (as well as many of the other DML'ers) and if they do
something that could possibly land them in jail, so be it. I'll let them
sweat it out for a while (hell, my dad did it to me). As parents, we have a
lot of control over what our children can and can't do, however...there are
instances where the child (even down to age 10) knows what he/she are doing
and make their own decision regardless of what we try.

Let's take this to the Off-Topic list to discuss it a little bit more....and
get an "A+" on the school paper.

- Bernd