Re: Re[2]: JBA header install

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 23:11:31 EST

Blah! I listened to your warning and decided to just put em on. After 20
seconds, they started to smoke and now it's turning a deep brownish color.
AH who cares. it smelled REAL nice tho.
-Dester

<< Dester,
 If you have the tools and a big oven (or access to one) you can spray your
 own ceramic coating on. There is a do-it-yourself coating called
 Cermakrome. You spray it on, bake it in an oven, clean off the residue and
 you have a ceramic coated whatever. I've used it on small items, and it
 works very nice. The only limitation is the size of your oven.
 As far as aresol sparys go, stay away from the high temp silver sprays.
 They will not hold up the exhaust temperatures no matter what they rate them
 at. If you're going to spray on a high temp paint, stick to the BBQ black.
 Another avenue is to go with one of the high temp paints/coatings from
 Eastwood. Hope this helps.
 Rich - Ashburn, VA >>