Re: RE: 360 Premag Competition

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 10:18:25 EST

In a message dated 2/29/00 10:08:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil writes:

> Go for the 426 Hemi motor. It is the closes you will get to the smog
> emission and have 500HP without a blower. The drawback is the sump pump
> modification-center pump.

I really want a motor like that but it would be too expensive and too
complicated of an install. 11 grand for a motor, then I have to find a
tranny, fuel injection, probably an Accel DFI system, custom mount
everything, yadda, yadda, yadda. It would be way beyond the scope of my
knowledge, so I would have to pay someone to do it for me. The whole thing
will end up costing me close to 20 grand!! I feel I can get the same power
using other means, saving me alot of trouble, almost no hacking up of a good
truck, with money left over to put into the other mods.
    I honestly though of the V10 crate for a bit (Vipertruck should have a
Viper engine, right) but I scrapped that idea for the same reason. A
well-built 360 can put out 500HP probably for about 5 grand.

-Austin
Vipertruck