Re: Story of My 00 Dakota Quad

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 18:18:16 EST

At 01:36 PM 2/29/2000 , you wrote:
>I've tried to get my $400 college grad discount for almost 3
>years! Dealer said, "bring in your diploma and we'll get you the
>discount." I asked if he was SURE I was eligible several times to which I
>rec'd a "yes, you bet!" each time. So I made the deal. Long/short is, I
>wasn't eligible. Not my fault. They should know the parameters of the
>incentive programs! In fact, I wrote to the DC consumer complaint
>division or something and they sent me a letter stating that ALL the
>dealers know EXACTLY what the parameters are.
>-----SNIP
>Jason Nahrgang

It's one year after graduation. That is what I was told when I bought my
truck. I knew nothing about the discount till I was talking with the
financial manager about a job I was moving for. I mentioned graduating and
his eyes widened. He was unsure if it was a year or six months, so he
called his boss, said six months. He didn't buy it. He called Chrysler,
no answer. Figures. He then called his buddy at another local dealership,
and he said one year. So, I got $400 off. Sweet deal. This was at Gunn
Dodge in San Antonio, TX.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net