Re: Story of My 00 Dakota Quad

From: jason nahrgang (jasonnahrgang@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 14:36:50 EST

I've tried to get my $400 college grad discount for almost 3 years! Dealer
said, "bring in your diploma and we'll get you the discount." I asked if he
was SURE I was eligible several times to which I rec'd a "yes, you bet!"
each time. So I made the deal. Long/short is, I wasn't eligible. Not my
fault. They should know the parameters of the incentive programs! In fact,
I wrote to the DC consumer complaint division or something and they sent me
a letter stating that ALL the dealers know EXACTLY what the parameters are.
I sent letters to everyone including the State's Attorney General. Now I'm
going to sue the dealership. The owner at the time was Doug Moreland who
owns many dealerships along the front range between Ft Collins and Colorado
Springs. He's a snake. I can't believe that Doug or his dealership or the
sales manager or whoever can't see that the bad PR from a situation like
this will cost them infinitly more than $400. I feel your pain, David. It
seems like too much these days to get someone to admit they made a mistake
and to make it right.

Jason Nahrgang
Moss Green '97 V8 4x4 SLT+ 5spd
3" Gibson