Wheel Hop

From: Slakies (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 19:05:32 EST

I have a 2000 Dak with 1600 miles on it. While driving last weekend I hit a
rough patch in the road kind of like a mini washboard type patch. When I
hit this the truck drifted all by itself to the right despite the fact that
I was steering straight ahead. I believe this is what is described as wheel
hop; I was a little surprised by this. I have the tire and handling group
and frankly I expected better handling than this. Is this the type of thing
that can be corrected by installing better shocks or what does it take to
remedy this condition?

Ron S.