Re: Waterbox Question WAS: Re: Man I sucked!!!!

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 02:29:50 EST

Mike Schwall <mschwall@flash.net> wrote:
>Techs don't like it when you run through the waterbox with street tires
>(tires with tread - as in not slicks).
>
>With slicks, roll through the waterbox, once clear and out of the water,
>light 'em up. Go slow through the waterbox, to keep water off the wheel wells.

Okay, once I have my slicks, if I roll through the waterbox, my street
tires on the front are still going to put water down on the track.
Wouldn't the techs still not like that? Seems to me the only way to
really avoid this would be to go around the waterbox, then back the
slicks up into the water without getting the front tires wet, then
pull back forward and do the burnout. Right?

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.896 @ 91.11mph
Wilmington, NC