Broken Shock Bolt Update

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 20:32:37 EST

Well after 3 hours of drilling, torching and cutting we extracted the bolt
out of the lower control arm!!! I am so glad I just saved $315, plug labor!!
I went to the hardware store on my way home and got a Grade 8 bolt and
hardware and remount my shock, total cost of $1.04.We had to 'ream' the hole
out so the 'self-tapping' threads which were in the hole on the control arm
are not good anymore. So we just decided to drill it out and use a bolt, 2
washers, and a lock nut and everything will be good. Thanks to all who
helped out with suggestions. Now onto to the CV Boot fix.......
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6