Flowmaster muffler

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 21:14:59 EST

Hey gang! I'll try to keep this question as short as possible...

Here's the scenario:
I have a '94 Dak with Mopar headers and 3" single swept side exhaust. I'm
looking to add a little more sound out of the existing pipe, without getting
that 2,000 rpm "drone" that I get in my Mustang with 2 chamber Flowmasters.

I checked with Flowmaster, and they recommend the 53055 muffler. This is a
heavier walled muffler designed to decrease interior resonance, while still
giving the traditional Flowmaster sound out the tailpipe.

A local muffler shop quoted me 125 bucks to install a 3 chamber Flowmaster
on my existing setup. This seems a bit high to me, since you can get a cat
back setup for around 200 dollars here in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Are there any DML discounters around here that I am unaware of? Does anyone
here (particularly the Texas gang) have a muffler or exhaust setup for sale?
  I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give!

PS: Thanks to all who have posted answers to my questions here. I wish I'd
found the DML a long time ago. I don't post back because I haven't figured
out how to cut and paste from this Hotmail thing yet. :)

Brett Forehand (Wishing I had a longer home page addy...)
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/boomerst/brett4hand/
'94 Dak Sport CC