Re: Re: Nitrous De-bunking and other Myths

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 21:18:28 EST

In a message dated 3/3/00 12:26:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> #1 You don't have to run out of Nitrous if you have a 15 lb. bottle.
> > At approx. 1.5 1/4 mile runs per lb., a 15lb. bottle should be good for
> around
> > 22 full passes. At least invest in a spare 10 lb. bottle if you're
> serious.

Hmmmmm at what size shot 100 hp ? I know mine is a 125 hp and in bracket
racing I get 5 consistent runs then they start dropping off and it is then
kind of a waste so I just refill the bottle from there. I have 10# bottles
and a heater and do bring them back to 900# for bracket racing. At this point
I have used 5 to 6 lbs. I emailed NX and "they" told me that thier 100 shot
would out run my 125 both being on the same vehicle so I don't see how they
could use less per run than I. You'll have to see how many consistent runs
you can get on the 15 # bottle but I really can't see more than 10 from my
experiences but would be interested in how it actually turns out.

I also know that I lose nitrous if left on and from my conversations with NOS
tech and others running nitrous and messages from the nitrous ML the loss is
common and some think it seeps through the hose it self. I have seen on the
nitrous ml that using solid steel lines will not leak down. Most of those
guys that want it on on the street use a bottle remote solenoid (about $150).
I only use it at the track so it is not a problem but if I wanted it on the
street I would probably go with the remote also. I have thought about going
with the steel lines though but haven't attempted it yet.

Just some thoughts

Bill