Re: RE: Gas Out

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 20:16:26 EST

Aren't NOx emissions a function of F/A ratio at which combustion takes place?
Smokey's premise is that as the fuel is completely vaporized the mixture is
more homogeneous. This eliminates the larger particles of fuel that normally
go unburned and are sent to the catalytic converter to be oxidized. The actual
F/A ratio at combustion should be the same. Overall emissions may even
decrease or atleast allow for smaller cats.
Even if I'm totally wrong in my emissions assessment, the invention has been
bought and shelved and won't be used for ANY application(racing, offroad use,
industrial , marine or aircraft engines) or ANY part of the world(like where I
live-no EPA!). My point was to give credence to the previous posting that big
businesses "cover up" new technologies that improve fuel efficiency.
Dr. Pat