Re: RE: Gas Out

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 19:35:25 EST

Yunick's invention would is not practical for current model domestic
applications unless the EPA were to look the other way. It would send NOx
emissions through the roof. For the most part, NOx is a byproduct of
complete combustion. So the more efficient you build a motor the less COx
emissions you have and the more NOx emissions. This is why a fresh hot
rodded motor will pass the sniffer test. It only measures HC and COx
emissions. But newer technology is starting to allow some NOx testing.
I'm not sure what this will do to the ability of our hot rodded engines to
pass the sniffer.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage