Re: Gas Prices, name your own, WAS: Gas Out

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 13:39:51 EST

Kind of. As I understand it, you name your price per gallon and get a
card for $50/month (like a debit card). You can use it at a set number
of gas stations which you choose from the list of participating
stations. Right now, it's only going to be in a few major metro areas
(Philly, NYC, some others).

The killer is, finding participating gas stations. I imagine the
franchises owned by the big boys will be slow to pick up on this, but
the smaller, "independent" stations might go for it.

At my current rate, I'm sucking down about $84/month in gas, but this
would make a dent in it, as I could get more gas for $50 than I probably
am getting now.

Anyone know what the state/federal taxes are on gas in NY? I'm
considering starting to go to one of the nearby reservations for gas to
save that money. Just trying to figure out if the gas I burn to/from
the reservation will cover the taxes I save.

--
-andy