Re: Wheels

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 20:42:51 EST

--- Shane Moseley <smoseley@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> hoegen wrote:
>
> > I'd love to get the 17" wheels, but after speaking
> with a local Tire
> > warehouse I'm unsure. I'm looking at $190-$230 per
> wheel, then I gotta buy
> > the tires, which seem to go for about $160-$190 a
> piece. Does this seem
> > reasonable to DMLers?
>
> Only for the real high-end tires. Do some shopping
> - Goodyear Eagle GTII in a
> 275-60-17 runs about $58 a piece. I cant really
> recommend them tho because they
> wear pretty quickly. These are the same tires that
> come factory on all IndyRams
> and I believe even DakRTs (or is that SSTs).
> Anyway, I run BFG CompTAs which
> were $106 a piece.
>
> Latr,
>
> Shane

I have also heard good things about Bridgestone
Potenza's...They are comparable to the Comp's in
price...also Sumitomo's are around $100 for
245/45/17's anyway.

You are right, a 17" wheel is gonna run you between
$185-$240 each. Primarily all Centerlines can be
drilled for Dakota's...SUV Specialties, Treadepot.com,
Charlotte Wheel, Summit and Jegs are pretty good on
prices for Centerlines.

Just my $0.02

Gregg
92 V6 CC