RE: Re: Speed Bug hey Dice

From: Robert Cash (rcash@tbcnet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 11:13:25 EST

Man,
  Let me send some info your way. I can't speak for the other folks (please
all concerned chime in here), but a limited slip is not the way to go if you
have some big plans for horsepower and torque. The new limited slips have
been redesigned as of late to accommodate higher output drive trains, but
bar none, if you want reliability that will never let you down, go locker.
In a slightly different competition (mud drag), where it is the world's
worst possible traction-notraction-then traction again to different wheels,
I had a gear type LSD that blew to pieces on me. I switched to a locker by
locks right (they rate em at 1000 hp), never a single complaint out of it
unless I had uneven tire pressure on the street. Just sharing my
experience, and the lock right is really easy to install to boot.

.02

Bob