New CB Boot Saga, grrr

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:07:50 EST

Well the place I ordered the entire passenger's side axle assembly from
called me today. I was going to order this complete new axle assembly so I
could just take to the assembly out and pop the new one it. I just think it
would be cleaner and just better overall to put the new completely new and
fully assembled one in, for $110 ratter than spend $25 per cv boot and have
to gease up everything, etc. Well that is out the window. The auto shop said
their 'supplier called and they cant get it till next week.' I was rather
upset, as you could imagine. The guy says, 'but you can come in and get your
deposit back'. Well no SH*&T I am going to get my deposit back!!! So I call
around and found a shop which works on driveshafts, axles, gears, cv's, etc.
This place was really really cool with me and explained what my options are,
even said he drives a Dak 4x4, which makes me feel better too. Basically, I
am going to take out the old assembly and take it into them. For $75 they
will degrease and steam clean the internals, install 2 new boots(both inner
and outer), repack and grease up everything. The guy said if I can bring it
in before noon tomorrow he can have it back to me within 3 hours. I thought,
whoa, 3 hours....this is what I should have done in the first place. Oh
well, so tonight I will pull it out and update you all once again tomorrow
how things go. I havent driven my Dak since FRIDAY!!!!! UGH!!! :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6