Re: A/C Compressor failure!(update)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:11:33 EST

Well, the JB weld isn't holding and it's bubbling up. I don't know what this
fluid coming out is. It is definantly not cold (so I'm gonna rule out the
134a freon) it doesn't seem to have a distinct smell to it, so i don't
believe it's the compressor oil. I wonder if it's just condensation that's
been built up in there, but why would it make the JB Weld bubble up like
that? I'm going to check the evaporator tube to see if that's not clogged or
something...

Anyways. I don't think the compressor is screwed yet. so I'm probably gonna
have it rebuilt or something (is that possible?)

OH... The fluid only comes out when the A/C clutch kicks in. Otherwise,
nothing leaks out. Again. the leak is at the gasket area in the back of the
pump. I tried tightening all the nuts and bolts down back there, but that's
not helping.

Please give suggestions. We have to have an A/C technician person on the
list!
-Dester