Re: More rear end stuff, a HARD question??

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 15:46:12 EST

Austin,

I got an entire assembly for ~$600, that's w/ factory SG 3.90's.. From what
I researched when I was considering a 9.25", the easiest way would be to get
one from a Ram and have it shortened? I think David (axle plant guy) can
help ya out a whole lot more than I, but it seems the pinion and spring
perches will not line up between the gen III (r/t axle) and gen II trucks.