wornout ujoints and test driving the rt

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 20:43:08 EST

hey everyone
dropped off my truck so they could fix the water leak in the passenger side
and get rid of the warbling tone i hear below 40km/h. turns out the ujoints
are finished on the front drive shaft(4x4). anyways traffic was packed for
getting to work so i decided to get my salesman to let me take a 00RT cc for
a honk. talk about sweet. got it on the highway and dropped it to the
firewall till it cleared 100mph. traffic was closing fast so i had to back
off. there was a small hole in the traffic to my right so i turned to my
salesman and apologised to him then dropped the hammer and shot the hole to
the far right lane. as we were rocketing back up to 100 again i told him to
let me know if he gets scared. he said it was okay and that he figured i
should know the dimensions of the truck since it is the same size as mine.
he lead me to a nice twisty chunk of road that they like to take trade ins
down to see if they groan or rattle. my god that RT handles like it is on
rails. i can't believe you guys put in hotchkis systems to make it handle
better. it's already nutso on corners.
all in all it was a total blast flying around in that truck. i just wish
they would mate that engine to a 4x4 and a 5 speed. the new quad cabs get
the 5.9 and 4x4 but no 5 speed.
aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!
is it to much to ask for? the ability to select your own gear with out
having to wait for the transmission to allow it to happen. there killing me
here. oh well. maybe in the 2001's.
sorry bout the tirade.
to recap truck being fixed, rt wicked truck, give me a 5speed.
derek