Re: A/C Compressor failure!(update)

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 20:57:03 EST

It is probably compressor oil. You probably need a new gasket where the lines
bolt to the compressor. Only problem is you have to remove the refrigerant with
a recovery machine, change the gasket and then evacuate and recharge the system.
Simple if you work for or have a buddy in a auto a/c shop. Impossible if you
don't. BTU jab weld is a waste of time and you may wind up ruining your
compressor.