Re: Spare Tire Locks

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 21:41:46 EST

Well, i bought one of these "shft" style locks for my truck. I've got the
factory 31's on my Dak, and the shaft locks don't fit, they're not long
enough to fit the extra width of this tire.
I had to take it back and they gave me a cable-style which i have yet to
hook-up.
I can't help you on price since i got mine from the only local truck
accessories store.
When you're lookin around, just get a lock with a warranty.
And when you put it on, i would tape a small piece of plastic or rubber to
the keyhole so it doesn't gum up with road crud, and rust shut. Obviously
that would suck huuuuuge----the one time you get a flat, you're in the
middle of nowhere (of course) and your lock to your spare is rusted shut.
Just a helpful hint i hope,

Frank WJ