Re: Re:was: New to List now 4.7L owners please respond!

From: The Coughlin Family (Coughlin@centuryinter.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:19:03 EST

My 2000 Dakota 4.7L is going in for service,specifically to look at the idle
problem, this is driving me crazy! mine idles fine whenyou crank it, but
when I clutch it and come to a stop, the idle hunts around and then when I
get stopped, it likes to dip into the 300 rpm range and the motor starts to
vibrate and feel like it's going to die,it will correct itself and run right
back to 600 rpms and then do it again! My buddy that is the service manager
at the local dealership said he would try to find the problem or a fix for a
problem that Dodge hasn't acknowledged yet.I talked to an engineer in this
department today at DC and I would like to get a list together of all the
4.7L owners and all your problems that you have.Please mail me privately
with your name, truck description, mileage and problem descriptions, thanks,
Will coughlin@centuryinter.net