Re: RE: Top Gun Nitrous..... INSTALLED!!!!!

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 22:28:57 EST

Clay, are you running the MPI intake? If so I think you would be better off
with a bigger cam. That 204, 208 @ .050 cam is just like the Mopar cam,
and is a good match for the stock intake. I have E-mailed Hughes regarding
this but haven't received a reply. I would guess somewhere around 220 to
230 would work well with the MPI. With the right timing it should keep the
computer happy.
BTW the Comp Cams 20-604-8 is 210,220 .512,.512 112 lobe seperation.
I would like to see a little more duration to take advantage of the single
plane
intake, and five speed.
Do you have a high stall converter? No...stick with what your doing, Yes...
go for the bigger Comp Cam, or a Hughes regrind (cheaper if you give'm
a core).

Marc Federici
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg

<From: Clay Cooke <cooke@ecn.purdue.edu>
<
<Well I looked around, and found quite a few, but narrowed it down to Comp
<Cams and Crane Cams. Tony and Dan (of Quick D fame) steered me towards
<Cranes bigger cam (part number 704121). They said it is an upper RPM cam,
<good duration and good lift. I originally looked at it and thought it was
<too small, but its not. Its working RPM is great for when I use the N20,
<so thats what I got. If I ever need bigger, Comp Cams makes 1 or 2 bigger
<cams.
<
<Clay
<
<84 Dodge Ram, scrapin pavement w/ 440 8bbl
<96 Indy Ram, scrapin EVERYTHING w/ 360 Magnum!' -(www.indyram.org)
<69 Road Runner 440 6bbl, project car
<
<http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~cooke